Saturday, January 24, 2015

Blue Fern Studios - my first projects

Hello!
Today is my reveal day as a designer at Blue Fern Studios - so exciting!

I'm so happy to be sharing with you my projects using the amazing products from BFS. The papers are of an outstanding quality - heavy weight, great print, beautiful patterns both to use as a whole or pieces. The collections coordinate beautifully.
The chipboards are thick enough to take any mixed media treatment, but even raw they have a very elegant greyish shade so they can match to almost any colour scheme .

For my first layout I used Sanctuary collection, I've fallen in love with the rose images!


Chipboards : Quatrefoil panel, Tattered diamond bits.
When you get your chipboard panels, most of them are still including the cut bits which you normally pop out. I discovered that those loose bits are perfect as embellishments themselves! I decorated mine with gesso, ink, stamps and  covered them with glossy accents.

For the second layout I picked Ombre papers.
Chipboards: Hello Summer, Ginger Poppies


The chipboards are gently treated with gesso and watercolours, the same which I also used in the background.

Thank you for stopping by! Make sure to visit BFS blog and Youtube channel for more inspiration from my DT mates! You can find links in the task bar.