Friday, October 4, 2013

A step back in time - behind the scenes

Hi there!
I hope everyone is doing fine and having a great start of the weekend!
I certainly do :) SO happy to leave this heavy working week behind...
Now equipped with 2 happy mails which arrived earlier this week (from UHK Gallery and Mixed Media Place), having 2 projects initiated on my crafting table. Life is good :)

Today I just wanted to share few details about my previous layout which I did as my DT project for SATW challenge.
I must say I'm really happy with this one! The projects made on plain paper, with mixed media background are my faves :) It's just so rewarding...can be frustrating sometimes, but hey, it's a part of the learning process and next time is always better :)




I used my favourite, a heavy cardstock from Papierowa Galanteria, a plain light ecru, which has the most beautiful soft vintage tone. PERFECT for the vintage page, trust me!
In my stash I had those fabulous papers from 7Gypsies, but I wanted to use them only as layers, with white space and some effect in the background.

  • I started with applying a thin prime layer of gesso on the cardstock (necessary step if you want to use water medium afterwards)
  • once gesso was dry I applied some random splashes of watercolour paints. I use Twinkling H2O by Luminarte: Mocha Rose, Rose Petal, Sandollar, Natural Linen, Rich Cocoa.
  • a really fun technique which I tried here was stamping with watercolour paint.
  • I applied the paint with the brush on the stamp and stamped the images randomly. It works well with rubber stamp or acrylic stamps which are a bit sticky - basically, the more difficult to clean the stamp, the better for this technique  :)
  • you can either leave the image to dry or spray some water on it, to allow to blend partly-both effects are really nice!
  • I finished off with another dark stamp for contrast, this one with archival ink
Here are some work-in-progress shots, not the best quality but just to illustrate the above.


 
 

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed your stay :)

7 comments:

Dorota Dołęga said...

piękny layout, uwielbiam te twoje delikatnie przenikające się warstwy

SiódmyAnioł said...

Urzekający scrap i zjawiskowe zdjęcie.

Matilde said...

Cudowne!!!!!!

dstandard said...

Awesome! Such cool technique! Your pages are always so gorgeous!

Ella Swan said...

A very beautiful page & loved a closer look!

Olga Siedlecka said...

Cudowności w zgaszonych pięknych barwach...

Anonymous said...

Niesamowity klimat, przepiękna praca ❤